Most of our time on the farm is spent in the mill with the machines running, therefore, we are not open to the public like a brick and mortar yarn shop. We do periodically have scheduled Open Mill Days, a Fall and Spring Mill Open House, and private group mill tours by appointment. You can also sign up to attend one of our workshops held here at the mill, or in the adjacent Wool Coop Dye Shed. Please browse our schedule below, and check back with us as more dates and events are added! And, we always post event announcements on social media…so be sure to follow us there as well.
Yarn and Fiber Festivals:
- November 7-10, 2019 | Vogue Knitting Live! Intensive | Renaissance Austin Hotel Speaking/vending | Austin, Texas
- March 5-8, 2020 | Hill Country Weavers - Knitting in the Hills Retreat | Lakeway Resort and Spa | Vending/mini-class instructor
- June 21-23, 2019 | Houston Fiber Festival | The Berry Center | Cypress, Texas
- April 27, 2019 | Texas Yarn Lovers Event | 1:00 am until 6:00 pm
- February 28- March 3, 2019 | Knitting in the Hills Retreat Marketplace | The Texas Hill Country’s premier knitting retreat | Horseshoe Bay Resort
- November 9-11, 2018 | Kid’N Ewe Festival | Kerrville, Texas
- November 3, 2018 | Fall Indi-Goat Natural Dye Workshop
YARN. BORN IN TEXAS.
Our mission at Independence Wool & Mohair is to proudly showcase our state’s natural fibers, and the sheep and goat ranching industry that makes it all possible. We value this connection between the land and the animals, and to the fiber they grow for us year after year. Through sharing the story, the process, and the yarn produced along this journey from land to fiber...we hope a meaningful connection will be found and enjoyed by you as well.